Site Reliability Engineer
1300 S El Camino Real Suite 600 San Mateo, CA 94402
Position Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Mateo, California.
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for enhancements and new products.
- Develops software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools.
- Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- You will help guide the team in building a clean, scalable, reliable, and automatic services framework.
- You will work closely with others in Engineering to help set technical direction while ensuring we meet Product Management requirements.
- You will help build the foundation that delivers Workday Analytics to the cloud.
- Experience in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Unix Guru: understanding of Unix/Linux from kernel to shell, file systems, client-server protocols, etc.
- Experience in one or more: Java, Python, GoLang, Ruby
- Experience using deploying and utilizing one or more: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, OpenStack
- Experience implementing, designing, deploying: Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless (Lambda’ s)
- Experience with one or more: Ubuntu, Centos, CoreOS, Amazon Linux
- Experience with one or more orchestration, deployment tools: CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Chef
- Experience with one or more CI tools: Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, Artifactory
- Experience with monitoring alerting using technologies like: Prometheus, Sensu, Nagios, Kafka, Wavefront, BigPanda, DataDog, PagerDuty
- MS in Computer Science or related field and 2 years relevant experience or BS in Computer Science or related field and 5 years relevant experience
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.