Signal Integrity Test Engineer
10400 NE 4th St. Suite 1400 Bellevue, WA 98004 US
Position Title: Signal Integrity Test Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Signal Integrity Test Engineer opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Our client is looking for an experienced, self-driven Electrical Engineer that has a focus/interest in Signal Integrity and/or Design Validation and Verification.
- Bringing a broad working knowledge of constraints and tradeoffs across multiple domains, but also have a deep competency in test and measurement, probing, PCB design, Signal Integrity and/or Power Delivery Networks.
- Performing, analyzing, and reporting results for VNA/TDR measurements
- PCB probing, rework, test fixturing
- Creating technical test reports and making actionable, data-informed recommendations
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Create self-directed test plans/matrices and make constraint-based tradeoff decisions
- Research, interpret, and test according to industry/committee standards (e.g. HDMI, USB, PCIe, etc.)
- Specify test equipment and software requirements for new coverage areas or interface technologies
- Working with and coordinating efforts with external test and compliance partners
- Work seamlessly in team environments and who will proactively drive solutions to resolution when problems arise.
- Regularly tasked with identifying root causes of issues and create/execute/propose solutions for early-stage and ambiguous problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical
- Masters degree, or B.S. Degree with 5+ years industry experience
- High-volume manufacturing experience, proven track-record of shipping products
- The ideal candidate would be able to own and/or devise a full test plan for a system at roughly the complexity of a laptop in environments that really focus on shipping products
- Working knowledge of high-speed electrical design and RF principles
- Ability to lead or participate in schematic and layout reviews with Signal Integrity in mind
- Significant hands-on experience doing high-speed measurements on an Oscilloscope
- Understanding of compensation, calibration, and correcting for probing/setup effects
- Fixturing, probing, de-embedding experience
- Test equipment automation and/or high-speed PHY compliance test package suite experience
- In-circuit probing and probe rework experience
- Ability to work between board-file and schematics and assess appropriate measurement techniques
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and debug system, board bring-up, and SW/HW/FW issues
- Understanding of Digital Circuit design fundamentals and operation – timing, signaling, margin, impairments, etc.
- Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with regular interaction with cross-functional teams
- Experience specifying, scoping, and bringing up new test capabilities as well as a deep understanding of executing, automating, and analyzing common consumer interfaces for compliance.
- A working knowledge of design tradeoffs (within and outside your domain of expertise) and a track record of having shipped high-volume consumer products is highly preferred.
- Frequency domain measurement background – VNA, S-parameters
- Fine pitch/micro-probing experience
- De-embedding, probe correction, fixture removal techniques
- History performing time-domain measurements
- Function generators
- High-speed serial interface compliance testing (HDMI, DisplayPort, DDR, MIPI, USB 3.x, USB Type-C, PCI Express, etc.)
- Strong PDN and voltage/power regulation fundamentals
- Working knowledge of power/PDN measurements including droop, impedance, decap optimization
- Understanding of high-speed PCB design constraints, AC impedance, etc.
- Fine pitch rework including SMT (0201, BGA, etc.)
- Experience with Linux-based OSes
- Practical experience with automation, scripting, and programming with an emphasis on data analysis, and/or controlling test equipment
- Experience and strong understanding of PCB/A, FPC, and connector design and manufacturing processes
- Hands-on experience with rapid prototyping techniques including 3D printing, laser cutting, PCB routing, CNC, etc.
- Experience with Signal Integrity and/or 3D EM simulation suites and correlations to measurement
- Pay Rate Range: $50-$101
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.