Shift Operations Supervisor
3315 Seaway Blvd. Everett, WA 98203 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire Shift Operations Supervisor opportunity.
- Oversee Small Pilot Plant Shift Operations (2-3 personnel per Shift).
- Manage, develop, and train operators (Control Board Operator and Field/Utility Operator) on crew, including providing feedback, ongoing coaching, career development planning and semi-annual reviews
- Participate in management meetings and discussions regarding team development and improvement
- Develop and/or Review Operating Procedures.
- Develop Operator Training Materials.
- Review and Implement Experimental Test Campaigns.
- Keep Shift Log of Operations.
- Review and train on Lessons Learned
- Operate SCADA/HMI/Control Boards, high temperature pilot systems, pumps, valves, heaters blowers, compressors.
- Respond to alarms and problems within the plant and takes corrective measures.
- Monitor and control pressures, temperatures, flow rates, and levels to efficiently achieve desired operating results and ensure proper operation of equipment under current process conditions such as Start/Stop/Rate adjustment of equipment.
- Regulate and shut down equipment if necessary.
- Troubleshoot equipment, electrical and instrumentation issues.
- Periodically makes rounds of the plant to visually check equipment to see that it is operating properly.
- Follow standard operating and emergency procedures until trouble can be corrected.
- Perform energy isolation lockout/tagout procedures (LOTO).
- Make multiple repeat batches of Purified Salt.
- Work various shifts, evening, weekends, holidays, overtime, on-call as required.
- Physically perform assigned duties and essential functions of the position.
- Independently plan and carry out the work in accordance with established operating methods and procedures.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Actively participate in safety programs, initiatives, and Corrective Action Program.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Five years of experience in industrial plant operations (chemical, boiler, refinery, etc.); preference for ten years of experience
- Three years of experience in shift operations supervision (chemical, boiler, refinery, etc.) preferred
- Military service may substitute for industrial plant experience.
- Math - basic algebra, fractions/percentages, unit conversion.
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of pumps, electric motors, and motor controls, piping devices, hydraulic control systems, and other mechanical equipment.
- Personal computer proficiency (word processing, spreadsheets) and other software utilized by the company including Control System Interfaces.
- Strong Interpersonal abilities to support team philosophy and strategy.
- Understanding of electrical hazards and safety.
- Ability to climb stairs and work effectively on platforms up to 50 feet above grade.
- Ability to perform and record results of laboratory tests accurately and by required deadlines.
- Read and understand engineered drawings.
- Read meters and gauges correctly.
- Knowledge of tubing and tubing connections.
- Must possess or have the ability to possess within six months of hire date, first aid and CPR certifications.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Direct Hire
- Salary Range: $91,744 - $137,617
- *Typically, our employee salaries are within .90 – 1.0 of the mid-point of the posted salary bands. Any salary offered within the posted salary band is based on market data and commensurate with the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience. This range is specific to Washington State
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.