Sensor Characterization Software Engineer (Oculus)
9845 Willows Road NE Redmond, WA 98052 | Contract
Position Title: Sensor Characterization Software Engineer (Oculus)
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA.
- Analyze, evaluate, debug, test, and characterize realtime AR and VR sensors for advanced prototypes and user experiences
- Draft and execute sensor, camera, and depth camera data collection and characterization protocols
- Work with unfamiliar hardware at the SDK level to evaluate performance of various systems and algorithms
- Develop characterization software for a variety of novel sensing and imaging systems, establishing a standard set of data analysis tools for generating reports
- Use tools such as MATLAB to perform data analysis, and use internal systems to archive datasets
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency
- Draft clear summary characterization reports for analysis by researchers across many disciplines
- Learn constantly, educate others, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of AR/VR problem solving
- 5+ years recent MATLAB experience
- 5+ years’ experience working directly with hardware systems such as cameras, sensors, imaging devices, medical devices, gaming consoles, etc.
- Deep problem solving and hardware troubleshooting skills Excellent communication skills and demonstrated experience working across disciplines to drive optimal solutions
- C++ programming
- Robotics and automation
- Image processing
- Computer vision
- Depth cameras
- BS degree in Computer Science, Physics, Optics, Electrical Engineering or related field
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.