Senior Technician, Engineering
3909 Three Oaks Rd Cary, IL 60013 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Senior Technician, Engineering opportunity located with our client in Cary, IL.
- Under guidance of supervisor (NPD Engineer/Scientist or Senior/Master Technician), will construct new concept prototypes, modify existing products, build new package configurations, and design basic test fixtures.
- Ability to safely and effectively use hand tools, common power tools (drill press, band saw, grinder, etc.), to convert wood, metal, plastics, etc.
- Under guidance of supervisor, performance and safety test new and existing products to a provided protocol; testing methods include, but not limited to, pressure mapping, friction, moisture vapor transmission rate, failure, impact, etc.
- Performs basic chemistry lab functions such as ingredients measuring, mixing, and pH measurements.
- Ability to enter data into spreadsheets, provide basic statistical calculations and create simple graphs/charts; ability to write first-draft protocols and reports.
- Participate in initial pilot/production runs (assembly, pack out, inspections, testing, and reporting) under direction of supervisor.
- Help maintain laboratory and oversee/perform preventive maintenance of laboratory equipment; capable of basic hands-on repairs and researching/scheduling larger scale repairs with help of supervisor
- Basic understanding of the safety risks associated with the use of electrical equipment.
- Basic materials knowledge including various types of wood, metal, textiles, adhesives, fasteners, foams, gels, films, composites, etc.
- Capable of hand/machine sewing basic geometries for prototyping and production. Understands sewing machine setup.
- Proactively contribute ideas to help with projects and to improve the laboratory layout and processes.
- 3-4 years of experience with no education or 1-2 years of experience with a degree
- Location: Cary, IL
- Pay Rate Range: $27-$29/h
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.