Senior Technical Writer
1090 Kifer Road Sunnyvale, CA 94086 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for a Senior Technical Writer with our client located in Sunnyvale, CA.
- The Senior Technical Writer ensures that development and delivery of technical documentation is consistent and compliant with regulatory and company guidelines.
- This person produces usable, accurate, clearly presented, consistent instructions for use (IFU).
- The person requires general guidance on new assignments and processes but is expected to complete day-to-day work with little instruction.
- Plan, write, and edit instructions for use for medical device systems and instruments (system and hardware), and other ship-with literature using Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe InDesign, and extensible markup language (XML).
- Collaborate with department team members and with cross-functional team Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to research and develop content for instructions for use.
- Own document creation from inception to completion.
- Ensure compliance with FDA and regulatory guidelines.
- Work with interaction designers and technical illustrators to develop documentation images, including raster and vector images.
- Conduct validation and verification of instructions for use.
- Complete documentation control steps to release final documentation. This includes Change Orders in the documentation change control system.
- Participate in product development core teams as representative for technical publications.
- Resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways, using skills as an experienced technical communication professional with understanding of industry best practices and company objectives.
- Act as the lead writer on projects and mentor other writers.
- Keep abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements. Participate as required in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work and share learned expertise with others. Bring regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of management.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, style guides, and quality documents. Collaborate with project team members to share knowledge and best practices.
- 8+ years technical writing experience in a hardware, software, biotechnology, or medical environment, including documentation for a highly technical audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, professional writing, English, biological/medical/engineering sciences, or equivalent preferred
- Strong writing and grammar skills in areas of content development and writing style. Analytical ability to grasp and effectively communicate complex scientific and engineering concepts.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage deliverables for multiple projects under tight deadlines, set priorities, and manage time effectively.
- Understanding of mechanical concepts and complex mechanical devices required.
- Expert skill level using current versions of standard authoring tools, including Adobe FrameMaker and Adobe InDesign.
- Intermediate to expert skill level writing documents in an XML editor (e.g. Arbortext Editor).
- Ability to use prior XML and Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) experience to learn Arbortext Editor and perform assignments with minimal instruction and supervision.
- Experience using content management system (CMS) database (e.g. Windchill), and thorough understanding of document-check in and check-out process.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, or equivalent desirable
- Previous experience with medical devices and a regulated environment preferred
- • Understanding of localization process preferred
- Pay Rate Range: $50 - $55.86/hr
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, 2 insurance plans (100% paid for employee only -HDHP plan, and a buy-up POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.