Senior Software Engineer
8201 164th Ave NE , Suite 330 Redmond, WA 98052 US
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract-to-hire opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington for an experienced Senior Software Engineer.
- Participate in software development projects (applications that work with custom interconnected hardware and firmware) through entire product life cycles - including planning, prototyping, designing, developing, testing, launch, and maintenance within the boundaries of medical design controls and quality management systems
- Contribute to detailed product requirements using cross-functional team input and through the translation of user needs
- Implement software development processes for quality deliverables including planning/implementing software unit tests, documenting design and architecture, conducting/participating in engineering reviews, and supporting design transfer activities;
- Contribute to modifications to existing designs for improved usability, functionality, reliability,
- usability, and safety
- Support conceptualization, prototyping, and planning of next-generation products.
- Work collaboratively within a small multi-disciplinary development team, provide status updates, and clearly set/meet work expectations.
- Actively contribute expertise to (and learn from) the larger software and engineering group.
- Degree/s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or relevant field
- 8+ years of software design & development experience;
- Demonstrated programming experience with Python (and additionally familiarity with other languages preferred Kotlin, C#, C++) and operating systems (e.g. Linux, Android, Windows) in a
- production environment;
- Experience with Qt / QML
- Experience with source control tools, development procedures, unit test frameworks, etc.;
- Experience working on projects that comply with strict safety and performance specifications while also meeting aggressive timelines and budgets
- Knowledge of common data structures, algorithms, and statistical analysis methods
- Strong analytical and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated attitude, ability to establish and maintain cross-functional relationships
- Ability to organize, analyze, and interpret data to generate insights and conclusions
- Capability of working both hands-on and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous direct involvement in medical product development, including implementation experience under quality management and regulatory compliance standards for medical devices (e.g. IEC 62304, FDA Cybersecurity Guidance, etc.) and/or other highly regulated industries
- Familiarity with safety risk analysis as it pertains to medical device software
- Subject matter expertise with wireless communication interfaces/protocols (e.g. BLE), databases, cloud computing, and/or data privacy
- Experience working with product development in an outsourced partner model, working with teams across multiple geographies
- Experience supporting development of instructions for use (IFUs), training manuals, and other customer-facing literature
- Experience developing both PC-based and mobile-based applications
- Experience interfacing with embedded systems and interfacing with peripheral devices (e.g. ADCs/DACs, RTCs, battery chargers, and sensors)
- Familiarity with the use of oscilloscopes, DMMs, and other common hardware debugging tools
- Previous experience working in a start-up or early-stage environment.
- Location: Redmond, WA Hybrid- onsite 1 day a week
- Contract-to-hire 9 months
- Pay Rate Range: $60-$80/hr
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.