Senior Security Operations Specialist
San Jose, CA 95124
Position Title: Senior Security Operations Specialist
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Create and maintain security infrastructure that follows industry best practices including a high level of availability and ease of user access.
- Evaluate and develop systems to enhance our security posture while reducing overall digital security risk.
- Lead IT infrastructure integrations with partners from a security perspective.
- Maintain awareness of industry security threats and respond to security incidents.
- Assist in the architecting of new products, features, and capabilities.
- Coordinate with team and Global Operation peers to test and troubleshoot alarm and access control devices.
- Install, configure, monitor and respond to Security Systems in an enterprise environment.
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration and operation of high-end firewall appliances.
- Strong TCP/IP networking skills and solid understanding of TCP/IP stack.
- Strong understanding of core internet protocols and applications.
- Extensive knowledge of different security threats.
- Assess risk and vulnerabilities of the network Scanning, Remediation, OSH Hardening.
- Familiarity with compliance regulations and CIS Critical Security Controls frameworks and standards.
- Patch Management of security systems.
- Experience in Security Event Correlation SIEM
- Experience in securing and deployment of public cloud environments (AWS, Azure).
- Liaise with global operations groups on security incidents
- Responsible for day to day maintenance of security infrastructure.
- Practical knowledge of the following technologies: Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Network Security, Stateful Inspection Firewall, NGFW, Firewall policies, NAT, IPS, Botnet, DDoS, Web Filtering, Reverse proxies, Certificate management (PKI), MFA.
- Able to work independently and as a member of a high-performance team.
- Ability to manage projects using appropriate tools and communication methods.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks (many are complex) simultaneously and to bring activities to closure.
- 5 + years of experience in IT Security.
- Bachelor’ s degree in information security or information technology or related field
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Team player, organized, responsible and highly detailed problem solver.
- Desirable: Professional Security Certificates
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.