Senior Safety Methods Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire Senior Safety Methods Engineer opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Develop analytical and computational models in collaboration with safety analysis engineers
- Develop methodologies using a graded approach to the Evaluation Model Development and Assessment Process (EMDAP) as needed. This also include activities such as leading the development of Phenomena Identification and Ranking Table (PIRT) as necessary, develop evaluation model requirements, create evaluation model development plan, leading code selection process, etc.
- Collaborate with safety verification and validation engineers to develop assessment bases (benchmark, identify applicable tests, etc.) and asses the evaluation model.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of engineers to establish core and reactor SSC functional, performance, safety, and quality requirements as well as support the overall design.
- Establish and maintain methodology documentation.
- Perform engineering reviews of analyses and other engineering design media.
- Contribute, as needed, to the implementation of capabilities required for transient and accident analysis within the company's software framework.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in nuclear engineering, or other relevant engineering degree, with at least 5 years of experience in the nuclear field.
- Knowledgeable of nuclear systems thermal-hydraulic, fuel performance as well as reactor dynamics and transient phenomena.
- Significant experience with safety analysis codes such as SAS4A/SASSYS-1, GOTHIC, RELAP5, TRACE, MELCOR, MACCS, RADTRAD or equivalent.
- Familiarity with nuclear design, regulatory requirements, and risk-informed performance-based technology guidance for Non-Light Water Reactors under Regulatory Guide (RG) 1.233 is required.
- Familiarity with EMDAP and RG 1.203 is required.
- Experience with SFR safety methods is highly desirable. Experience with other reactor designs can be considered when differentiating candidates.
- Demonstrated strong quantitative, analytical, modeling and reporting skills.
- Understanding of Appendix B to 10 CFR 50 and ASME NQA-1 requirements associated with analysis and software management as well as experience working under a quality assurance programs.
- Experience in working in multi-disciplinary engineering teams to address engineering challenges.
- Strong software engineering skills in any language (e.g., Python, C++, and Fortran) is a plus.
- On-site arrangement is preferred, but remote work will be considered based on candidate assessment.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Direct Hire
Salary Range (Level 11: $116,030 - $193,384 or Level 12: $157,405 - $218,119 (DOE)
*Typically, our employee salaries are within .90 – 1.0 of the mid-point of the posted salary bands. Any salary offered within the posted salary band is based on market data and commensurate with the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience. This range is specific to Washington State.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.