Senior Robotics Software Engineer
1261 Connecticut St San Francisco, CA 94107
Position Title: Senior Robotics Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in San Francisco, California.
- Participate in all phases of software development including concept, design, prototyping, and production.
- Tackle complex robotic problems such as dead reckoning, control, automated calibration, decision making under uncertainty, and navigation/path planning.
- Be in charge of maintaining the robotic codebase with an emphasis on reliability and uptime.
- Improve coding standards and spread them throughout the team.
- A BS or MS in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related fields,
- 4+ years of practical experience in writing robust, production-ready, clearly-written, reusable, and well-tested code
- Deep experience with ROS.
- Proficiency in Python and C++, strong background in object-oriented programming, multithreading and system architecture in Linux environment.
- A perfect knowledge of standard software engineering practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, version control (Git), build processes, releases, and unit testing,
- Skills in algorithm development
- Quality control experience
- 2+ years lead experience
- Industrial automation experience shipping safety-critical software
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.