Senior Quality Assurance/Quality Control Engineer - Palo Alto
palo alto, CA 94301 US
Positiion Title: Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager opportunity located in Palo Alto.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment. Able to fit in well within a startup environment.
- Proven track record of continual improvements in QA process, optimizing resources to reach business project goals.
- Strong project-management and agile methodologies experience. Must be used to short iterations of development and testing and changing business requirements.
- Document test cases, and perform and document risk analysis. Record test progress and results.
- Code automated tests and create test plans.
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness, and identify, isolate, and track bugs throughout testing.
- within our software.
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes.
- Identify any potential problems that users might encounter, constantly iterate.
- Research and analyze product features being tested, research new tools, technologies, and testing processes, and review user interfaces for consistency and functionality
- At minimum Bachelor’s degree in software design, engineering, or computer science. Masters
- Proficient in Python programming.
- Enough C++ experience to provide guidance to junior engineers in code review.
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, and ability to apply proven software methodologies to testing and to driving reductions in technical debt.
- Experience with software engineering practices, software automation and testing systems (for example, Jenkins).
- Past experience with cloud computing and containerization (Docker) is preferred.
- At minimum 3 years’ experience in software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- At least 3 years experience in SQL and scripting
- Prior managerial experience in software development and software quality assurance is highly preferred.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Background or prior experience at a technology company, SaaS firm, defense contractor, or in the startup environment
- Experience with Python, SQL, Stata, or R
- Active Secret or TS/SCI clearance
- Direct Hire
- Location: Palo Alto
- Salary Range: $100K - $200K
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.