Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA 99999
Position Title: Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity for a Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer with our client located in Sunnyvale, CA.
- Our client is looking to hire a Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer who wants to get involved with a fast-paced and dynamic company.
- As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be involved in mechanical design and packaging of high-speed circuit boards and systems that have tough requirements in thermal management including air and conduction cooling, EMI and RFI shielding, compact and rugged packaging constraints dealing with various MIL-STD environmental demands from ground based to airborne.
- These are complex mechanical modules with associated cable harnesses, related test fixtures, all with tight tolerances to support seamless system assembly, test, configuration, operation and servicing.
- You will work closely with a cross-domain team including RF and Digital engineers, systems engineers, test engineers, software engineers, manufacturing engineers to ensure successful development.
- The ability to dive deep into technical issues to identify solutions and keep other teams moving is crucial to success in this role.
- Developing strong credibility and rapport with other engineering and non-technical teams is also a must.
- Minimum a BS in Mechanical Engineering-Preferred a MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Evaluate system requirements and devise hardware-based solutions to implement those requirements.
- Capture design requirements and lead mechanical design effort working with Systems Engineers, RF and Digital Engineers and other staff in the design effort.
- Produce and archive all necessary documentation for the design to ensure manufacturability Performs tolerance analysis at system and subsystem level
- Perform analytical analysis for thermal and structural components and sub-modules.
- Assists in a project plan including key deliverables, timeline, and budget.
- Works with other Engineers and CAD Designers for prototype and pilot detailed design.
- Supports driving full documentation of design including, BOM, drawings, and procedures.
- Responsible for the research and selection of new suppliers with potential for turn-key provision of key subsystems.
- Responsible for providing technical expertise in the core technology area of the potential suppliers to reveal best design path and performance.
- Interacts closely with development engineers, scientists, suppliers, manufacturing and QA to resolve quality issues.
- Previous experience with VPX/OpenVPX/VME/CPCI/rackmount or equivalent style chassis and PCBA enclosures preferred.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Proficiency in Solidworks/Creo for 3D Modeling, experience with Product Life Cycle Management tools (Arena PLM), and Engineering Change (ECN/ECR) Process required.
- Proficiency in making 2D drawing and application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) required.
- Thermal modeling, simulation, and verification ability required.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio & Outlook).
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving in a dynamic work environment.
- Current/active security clearance.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) simulation.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of machining and fabrication techniques.
- Understanding of VITA 46, VITA 48, MIL-STD-810H, and other MIL-STDs.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.