Senior Power Electronics Engineer - Lunar Surface Systems
1016 N Lincoln Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15233 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Electronics Engineer opportunity located in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Architect, build, test, and deploy a commercial lunar power grid to support human and robotic assets for multi-year missions.
- Perform component trade studies, assess system designs and architectures’ fault-tolerance, analyze trade-offs for system configurations to provide options on the basis of technical merit, cost, and schedule.
- Define requirements for power generation, storage, and transmission.
- Support component specification and selection efforts
- Develop detailed schematics and PCBs for control electronics, coordinate board fabrication, costing, and sourcing efforts
- Write test plans and support benchtop and thermal-vacuum tests for components and subsystems of engineering model and flight model power electronics hardware.
- Coordinate between technical partners, vendors, and other subsystem engineers to assess design progress, schedule, and risks.
- Communicate design recommendations and interface with all technical disciplines, including electrical engineering, software engineering, mechanical, thermal, and structural design.
- Provide real-time monitoring and troubleshooting during off-site radiation and EMI/EMC testing of power systems
- Implement the systems engineering development cycle.
- Provide technical input to proposal efforts; assist in developing design, analysis and testing work packages and associate level-of-effort estimates for future development efforts.
- Minimum B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 6 years of experience in power systems development
- Experience in being a major part of technical teams across the entire project lifecycle both technically and programmatically (budget, schedule, work agreement, and identification of receivable/deliverables)
- Skills to establish requirements and interfaces with project partners inside and outside of Astrobotic.
- Experience planning and operating tests involving thermal vacuum, EMI/EMC
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices
- Desire to work in a fast-paced development environment with cross-functional team projects.
- Familiar with solar photovoltaic and lithium-ion battery technology.
- Experience with grid schemes, instrumentation, and fault protection.
- Experience with multiple switching power supply topologies at the design and build level.
- Experience with AC modulation schemes (PWM, Space Vector Control).
- Experience using SPICE for circuit analysis/modeling and familiarity with power electronics.
- Hands on experience working with electronics and lab equipment.
- Familiarity with power system telemetry measurement and processing.
- Experience with feedback loop design and analysis.
- Experience with digital control of switching power supplies.
- Experience with plant stability analysis (Power Bus Architectures, Nyquist Stability Analysis).
- Experience with power budgeting process and system level energy balance analysis.
- Experience with magnetics design and testing.
- Knowledge of spacecraft environmental tests.
- Familiarity with NASA-STD-4001, NASA-STD-4003, and MIL-STD-461
- Direct Hire
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Salary Range: $110,000-$150,000k
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
About Protingent:?Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.