Senior Plant Design Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for a Senior Plant Design Engineer with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Coordinate input and requirements from the Engineering and Project teams to support production of structural design criteria, layout and arrangement drawings, and 3D models for the nuclear island balance of plant
- Ensure that licensing and code requirements are clearly established and implemented in the design
- Review and develop design bases for steel and subgrade reinforced concrete nuclear island structures, with consideration for extreme external hazards such as seismic response, missile impact, wind, etc.
- Support and review plant design cost studies and engineering decisions
- Enforce processes and tools to support design work, including management of engineering databases and tracking and resolving of open items
- Coordinate checking and integrated design reviews, including in-process cross-discipline work, for civil/structural engineering work products
- Research and develop risk-Informed, performance-based methodologies for structural plant design
- Oversee collaboration and partnerships with consulting Architecture/Engineering firms
- Support monitoring and appraisal of design organizations, partners, contractors, and subcontractors’ performance to ensure that all technical requirements for the design are effectively and correctly implemented
- Coordinate and lead planning efforts and maintain schedule adherence for design activities
- Support design reviews and resolution of cross functional technical concerns
- Support the integration of plant information into licensing basis and regulatory submittal documents that support the licensing of nuclear facilities under the LM Project
- Support licensing activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports
- Support structural design work for test facilities, demonstration projects, and test reactors
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify efficiency/enhancement opportunities
- B.S. degree in Civil engineering or equivalent, or higher
- 10+ years of civil/structural design and analysis experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum direction to solve challenging problems
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, creative thinker
- FEA experience with civil/structural design codes
- Experience with nuclear power plant design
- Knowledge of risk-Informed methodologies for integrated plant design or similar probabilistic design methods is desired
- Experience with commercial codes and standards such as UBC, ACI 318, AISC 360 and ASCE 7
- Experience with nuclear codes and standards such as ACI 349, ACI 359, AISC N690, ASCE 4, and ASCE 43.
- Experience working projects with NRC or DOE regulations
- Ability to deliver projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Ability to work on tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Experience working to quality standards on design activities, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.