Senior Network Engineer (Consultant)
525 Market St San Francisco, CA 94105
Position Title: Senior Network Engineer (Consultant)
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Francisco, California.
- Work closely with Information Security department to develop a set of network security standards and best practices for the organization and recommend security enhancements to management as needed; develop strategies to respond to and recover from security incidents/breaches.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills. Must be able to build and maintain relationships with varying levels of management within all departments.
- Install, Configure, manage and use advance software features (e.g. Palo Alto firewall threat prevention, Splunk, Clearpass) to protect organization' s sensitive information.
- Manage security tools that help identify intrusions and watch for irregular system or user behavior (e.g., Splunk, Clearpass, PAN Threat logs, NetEye, Firemon)
- Be responsible for the engineering, design, implementation, maintenance, analysis, and administration of security technologies.
- Be accountable for network security infrastructure component availability and integrity, monitoring compliance with IT security policy, and coordinating investigation and reporting of security incidents.
- Understanding of controls (e.g. access control, auditing, AAA, encryption, integrity, physical security, and application security).
- Expert level experience on Aruba Clearpass configuration, troubleshooting and design.
- Strong hands on experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting network hardware such as Cisco switches (Nexus 5k/7k/9k, stack switches, 4510X), F5 load balancers (LTM, GTM, BigIQ), Juniper Pulse, Palo Alto Firewalls (App-ID, Threat prevention, wildfire) Riverbed (Steelheads, Netprofiler, NetShark)
- Come up with things we can do to improve our Network Security.
- Using Network Management Tools and Sniffers like Wireshark, TCPDUMP, Netflow, to analyze packet captures.
- Desired technical Knowledge: IDS/IPS, privileged access management, Encryption, Digital Certificates, SSL, VPN, IPSec, TCP/IP, DNS and web security architecture, vulnerability scanning technologies, application security, Cloud security.
- Strong knowledge on IP networking (Switching & Routing), Routing Protocols (OSPF, BGP, RIP), RSTP, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, OSI layer.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science and / or equivalent experience.
- CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, PCNSE, CCSP or other related certifications preferred.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.