Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Senior Mechanical Design Engineer opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Design of reactor structures and components from requirements through final design.
- Coordinate inputs and requirements from Engineering and Project teams to produce equipment and components design solutions.
- Perform scoping analysis and calculations for design options.
- Interface with the team’s engineering analysis activities.
- Present equipment and components design results for design reviews.
- Assess technical merit of solutions provided by team members, including leading design reviews.
- Interface with junior engineers and subcontractors, providing direction and mentoring.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Education: B.S. degree in Mechanical engineering or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of ten years of equipment / component design experience; relevant M.S. degree credited as two years of experience.
- Familiarity with CAD, SolidWorks preferred.
- Experience in finite element stress analysis, mechanical analysis methods, and commercial mechanical stress analysis modeling tools with emphasis on ANSYS.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, creative thinker.
- Ability to work with minimum direction to solve challenging problems.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently during a given work week.
- Working experience with design codes such as the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section III, or Section VIII is desirable.
- Experience writing design specifications.
- Experience in seismic analysis of equipment or components; in particular, experience with response spectrum and time history modeling techniques in accordance with the requirements of ASCE 4, ASCE 7, and/or ASCE 43 is highly desirable.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Strong communication skills desired
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to foster teamwork
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Pay Rate Range: $60-80/h
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, 2 insurance plans (100% paid for employee only -HDHP plan, and a buy up POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.