Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Senior Mechanical Design Engineer opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Design of reliable and fault tolerant fluid systems from development of requirements through final design and commissioning.
- Support component and system level trade studies to inform design and selection.
- Support design reviews as system designs are established and refined.
- Create CAD models optimized for anticipated future work and engineering drawings.
- Perform scoping analysis and calculations for design options.
- Support engineering system analysis activities, including heat transfer, loads analysis, flow and pressure calculations.
- Develop and review technical design documents, such as System Design Descriptions, Interface Control Documents, Engineering Design Specifications, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), 3D models etc.
- Generate design packages for system designs including coordinating of calculations, design reports, drawings, and specifications.
- Interface with various design disciplines (such as instrumentation and controls, civil, and nuclear) to identify and develop system design and performance criteria.
- Propose and initiate testing programs for system development and qualification.
- Provide Support and oversight during test execution, evaluation of test results, and reporting of test results.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Chemical, Nuclear Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years direct experience with proven mechanical systems skills.
- CAD proficiency is required, SoildWorks preferred
- Demonstrated experience in the design of complex mechanical systems, structures and equipment including stress and thermal analysis.
- Experience with heat transfer calculations.
- Experience with flow and pressure calculations
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA)
- Experience with design codes such as the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code is desired.
- Experience working to quality standards on design activities, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001.
- Experience in high temperature and multi-discipline integration highly desired.
- Previous experience with nuclear reactors, nuclear handling process systems, or similar high-performance system or equipment design is highly desired.
- Experience interfacing or overseeing supplier work is desirable.
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives with minimal oversight.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a design team’s effort with minimal direction.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, able to communicate openly, and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Pay Rate Range: $60-80/h
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, 2 insurance plans (100% paid for employee only -HDHP plan, and a buy up POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.