Senior HR Business Partner
3000 Winona Ave Burbank, CA 91504 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity for a Senior HR Business Partner with our client located in Burbank, CA.
Job Description: This Senior HR Business Partner (HRBP) serves as the HR point of contact and first line support for all Human Resources functions within defined client group. The HRBP is responsible for administering corporate policies and procedures as they relate to core HR services, processes and programs, as well as facilitate training, salary administration, performance management, and career development.
- Consulting with assigned business units and corporate HR teams to resolve challenges and develop HR-based solutions to tactical business problems, as well as identify and resolve sensitive situations/issues relating to core HR processes and practices.
- Develop new programs to address, evaluate, and accommodate special challenges relative to various HR programs and processes including employee retention, employee relations, as well as conduct needs assessments and analyses to identify performance challenges.
- The HR Business Partner will ensure that compliance and HR practices are consistent with business objectives, internal standards and regulatory requirements.
- Partner with the HR Director and client group leadership to drive excellence through the organization, develop intellectual capital, and achieve organizational goals.
- Interpret and counsel others on policies, procedures and programs relating to the human resources activity of the company.
- Drive the recruitment process for the assigned client base, facilitate systems and procedures including recruitment strategies and selection processes; notify affirmative action recruitment sources of all job openings and track AAP and EEO information. Facilitate interviewing, including conducting interviews, background checks, and offer proposals. Answer inquiries concerning employment opportunities and drive expatriate processes and issues.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high-level of employee morale; Consistently maintain favorable and effective relations among employees; accountable for motivating and stimulating supervisors and managers to ensure consistent, equal, and fair treatment of employees.
- Work with line managers and employees to address and resolve all types of employee relations issues, ensuring balance in representing all parties’ interests.
- Drive education, application, and issues surrounding the Anti-Harassment and Anti-Discrimination Policy Guidelines.
- Leave of absence and workers' compensation administration
- Monthly HR Metric reporting
- Prepare monthly and weekly reports in a timely manner.
- Create, deliver and implement training materials and programs.
- Responsible for complete, timely and accurate documentation for all client group changes to ensure accurate HRIS data entry.
- Compensation analysis and recommendations, employee pay proposals for promotions and other employee changes.
- Partner with recruiters to drive the recruitment process for the assigned client base.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related fields.
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification is preferred.
- Seven (7) or more years in Human Resource Generalist work and some recruiting experience is required.
- Ability to speak fluent Spanish is highly desired.
- Experience supporting a manufacturing environment and/or machine shop is required.
- Strong working knowledge of HR processes and practices (including California Laws and Regulations) with emphasis in employee retention, employee relations, needs assessments, and recognition/rewards.
- Ability to work independently and interact with all levels of management.
- Outstanding analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to translate client business plans and goals into human resource capabilities needed to achieve results.
- Superior communication skills (verbal & written) with a demonstrated ability to influence and earn credibility and trust.
- Ability to diagnose problems and identify & implement appropriate solutions.
- Ability to facilitate large or small group meetings and manage conflict resolution.
- Ability to provide leadership, work collaboratively on teams, and consult effectively and independently with all levels of the organization and within the general HR community.
- Strong ability to multi-task, take initiative, negotiate, and influence thinking and change within the organization.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Proficient knowledge of standard office equipment, PC skills, and Microsoft Office Products
- Job Type- Full Time Hire
- Location: Burbank, California
- Salary Range: $115-120K
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.