Senior Fuel Handling System Design Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Senior Fuel Handling System Design Engineer opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Design of nuclear fuel handling systems and fuel handling sub-systems from requirements through final design.
- Identify and ensure effective application of correct design codes into the design of plant systems such as ASME, ANS, ASTM, ASHRAE, IEEE, NFPA, etc.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers in applicable nuclear and non-nuclear related design standards.
- Analyze and allocate regulatory criteria and standards to complex mechanical and process system design.
- Support planning efforts and maintain schedule adherence for design activities within a system, as well as their integration with an overall plant design delivery schedule.
- Interface with the design team to create and manage drawing packages of system designs, including but not limited to Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), 3D models, and system interface drawings.
- Interface with design disciplines (such as mechanical, instrumentation and controls, civil, and nuclear) to identify and develop plant design information and specify system design and performance criteria.
- Provide technical direction and oversight of supplier projects, working with the contract administrator to ensure delivery of data and other deliverables, as well as coordination and performance of technical reviews of deliverables.
- Establish and maintain system requirements and specification documents, such as Engineering Design Specifications for major plant equipment.
- Propose and initiate testing programs for plant system qualification, as needed.
- Provide Support and oversight during test execution, evaluation of test results, and reporting of test results.
- Generate design package for systems, sub-systems, and equipment designs including coordination of calculations, design reports, mechanical drawings, and engineering design specifications.
- Develop and review technical design documents, such as System Design Descriptions, Interface Control Documents, Engineering Design Specifications, etc.
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports.
- Support design reviews as plant system and subsystem designs are established and refined.
- S. in Mechanical or related discipline from an accredited university and 15+ years direct experience with proven mechanical systems design skills
- Demonstrated experience in the design of complex mechanical systems, structures and equipment, particularly nuclear fuel handling systems.
- Experience in design of process systems – liquid and gas.
- Experience in high temperature and multi-discipline integration highly desired.
- Previous experience with nuclear reactors, nuclear fuel handling process systems, or similar high-performance system or equipment design is required.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a design team’s effort with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Ability to work on simultaneous tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Experience working to quality standards on design activities, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Pay Rate Range: $60-85/h
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, 2 insurance plans (100% paid for employee only -HDHP plan, and a buy up POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.