Senior Fuel Handling System Design Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Senior Fuel Handling System Design Engineer opportunity.
· Design of nuclear fuel handling systems and equipment from requirements through final design.
· Management of Systems, Structures and Component level requirements ensuring they are traceable and implemented into configuration control system.
· Identify and ensure effective application of correct design codes into the design of plant systems such as ASME, ANS, ASTM, ASHRAE, IEEE, NFPA, etc.
· Analyze and allocate regulatory criteria and standards to complex mechanical and process system design.
· Interface with the design team to create and manage drawing packages of system designs, including but not limited to Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), and system interface drawings.
· Provide technical direction and oversight of supplier projects, working with the contract administrator to ensure delivery of data and other deliverables, as well as coordination and performance of technical reviews of deliverables.
· Develop and review technical design documents, such as System Design Descriptions, Interface Control Documents, Engineering Design Specifications, etc.
· Support design reviews as plant system and subsystem designs are established and refined.
· Education: B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent STEM discipline preferred. M.S. and Doctorate degrees may be credited for up to two and four years of experience respectively.
· A minimum of 8 years of demonstrated experience in the design of complex mechanical systems, structures and equipment.
· Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
· Previous experience with nuclear reactors, nuclear fuel handling process systems, or similar high-performance system or equipment design is preferred, but not required.
· Experience working to quality standards on design activities, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001 is preferred, but not required.
· The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly, display respect and a desire to foster teamwork, have an aspiration for technical excellence, and be a self-starter able to perform with minimal direction.
- Pay Rate Range: $70-$90/hr
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.