Senior Fuel Handling Mechatronics Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Senior Fuel Handling Mechatronics Engineer opportunity.
- Design of highly complex mechanical fuel handling equipment from requirements through final design.
- Create 3D CAD models of parts and complex assemblies.
- Create interface, manufacturing, and assembly drawings, applying standards such as ASME 14.1 and Y14.5.
- Document design engineering work through technical writing.
- Interface with other design disciplines (such as mechanical, instrumentation and controls, and nuclear) to identify and develop plant design information and specify system design and performance criteria.
- Coordinate and review inputs and requirements from Engineering and Project teams.
- Support planning efforts and maintain schedule adherence for design activities within a system, as well as their integration with an overall plant design delivery schedule.
- Identify and ensure effective application of correct design codes into the design of plant systems.
- Perform and review scoping analysis and calculations for design options.
- Present and participate in design reviews.
- Propose and initiate testing programs and provide support and oversight during test execution, evaluation of test results, and reporting of test results.
- Education: B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. M.S. and Doctorate degrees may be credited for up to two and four years of experience respectively.
- A minimum of 5 years of CAD proficiency is required, SoildWorks preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in the design of complex mechanical equipment, preferably involving multiple degrees of freedom.
- Experience with feedback controlled electromechanical systems, linear and rotary motion components and associated I/O instrumentation[NC2] [NS3] .
- Experience with or ability to demonstrate understanding of electrical and control systems.
- Excellent technical writing, documentation, and communication skills.
- Experience working to quality standards on design activities, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001 is preferred but not required.
- Experience in design of mechanical systems including industrial robotics, material handling or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Experience in finite element stress analysis, mechanical analysis methods, and commercial mechanical stress analysis modeling tools is preferred but not required.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) is preferred but not required.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M and tolerance stack up analysis is preferred but not required.
- Prior experience in the nuclear industry with nuclear fuel handling systems is preferred but not required.
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a design team’s effort with minimal direction to solve challenging problems, be a strong analytical problem solver, and be capable of working on concurrent tasks.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Pay Rate Range: $70-$90/hr
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.