Senior Fuel Handling Design Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Senior Fuel Handling Design Engineer opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Design of nuclear fuel handling systems and fuel handling sub-systems from requirements through final design.
- Coordinate and review inputs and requirements from Engineering and Project teams.
- Support planning efforts and maintain schedule adherence for design activities within a system, as well as their integration with an overall plant design delivery schedule.
- Identify and ensure effective application of correct design codes into the design of plant systems such as ASME, ANS, ASTM, ASHRAE, IEEE, NFPA, and regulatory requirements.
- Interface with design disciplines (such as mechanical, instrumentation and controls, civil, and nuclear) to identify and develop plant design information and specify system design and performance criteria. Create CAD models and assemblies optimized for anticipated future work and engineering drawings.
- Create engineering CAD models, assemblies and drawings including but not limited to P&ID’s, interface drawings or manufacturing drawings, applying ASME 14.1 and Y14.5 standards.
- Perform and review scoping analysis and calculations for design options.
- Documentation of engineering work including technical writing of system design descriptions, equipment design specifications, design reports, trade studies and calculations or analyses.
- Present and review equipment and component design results for design reviews.
- Review and assess technical merit of solutions provided by team members and subcontractors, including leading design reviews.
- Provide technical direction and oversight of subcontractors, working with the contract administrator to ensure on-time delivery of work products.
- Propose and initiate testing programs and provide support and oversight during test execution, evaluation of test results, and reporting of test results.
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Education: B.S. degree in Mechanical engineering or equivalent preferred, relevant M.S. and Doctorate degrees may be credited for up to two and four years of experience respectively.
- A minimum of five years of CAD proficiency is required, SoildWorks preferred
- Minimum of five years of equipment / component design experience with a demonstrated experience in the design of complex mechanical systems, structures and equipment.
- Prior experience in the nuclear industry with nuclear fuel handling systems is preferred but not required.
- Excellent technical writing, documentation, and communication skills.
- Experience working to quality standards on design activities, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, creative thinker.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently during a given work week.
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a design team’s effort with minimal direction to solve challenging problems.
- The successful candidate must possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Pay Rate Range: $60-85/h
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, 2 insurance plans (100% paid for employee only -HDHP plan, and a buy up POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.