Senior Fuel Handling Design Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Senior Fuel Handling Design Engineer opportunity.
- Design of nuclear fuel handling equipment from requirements through final design.
- Coordinate and review inputs and requirements from Engineering and Project teams.
- Support planning efforts and maintain schedule adherence for design activities within a system, as well as their integration with an overall plant design delivery schedule.
- Identify and ensure effective application of correct design codes into the design of plant systems such as ASME, ANS, ASTM, ASHRAE, IEEE, NFPA, and regulatory requirements.
- Interface with multiple design disciplines (such as mechanical, instrumentation and controls, civil, and nuclear).
- Create engineering CAD 3D models, assemblies, and drawings, applying standards such as ASME 14.1 and Y14.5.
- Perform and review scoping analysis and calculations for design options.
- Document design engineering work through technical writing of equipment design specifications, design reports, and calculations or analyses.
- Present design results in design reviews.
- Review and assess technical merit of solutions provided by team members and subcontractors by participating in design reviews.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Education: B.S. degree in Mechanical engineering or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of ten years of equipment / component design experience; relevant M.S. degree credited as two years of experience.
- Working experience with ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section III, or Section VIII.
- Experience writing design specifications.
- Familiarity with CAD, SolidWorks preferred.
- Experience in finite element stress analysis, mechanical analysis methods, and commercial mechanical stress analysis modeling tools with emphasis on ANSYS.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience in seismic analysis of equipment or components; in particular, experience with response spectrum and time history modeling techniques in accordance with the requirements of ASCE 4, ASCE 7, and/or ASCE 43 is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, creative thinker.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently during a given work week, with minimum direction to solve challenging problems
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Pay Rate Range: $70-$90/h
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.