Senior Front End Software Engineer
2953 Bunker Hill Lane, Suite 202 Santa Clara, CA 95054 US
Position Title: Senior Front End Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for a Senior Front End Software Engineer with our client that is located in Santa Clara, CA.
- As our Senior Front End Software Engineer, you will contribute to the GUI software core to our product. As the primary front end software engineer, you will write enabling frameworks, set up the foundational GUI architecture and implement new GUI features.
- You will help establish coding practices that foster high-growth teams and comply with industry standards.
- Being a team player, you enjoy working with our software infrastructure, clinical, UX, and systems engineers as you work to optimize our system prototype and product designs.
- At the end of the day, you enjoy the variety that each day brings, and are proud of the work you do that ultimately leads to future medical imaging advancements.
- Work with software and other engineers (clinical, systems, mechanical, electrical) as part of a focused cross-functional team developing software for medical devices and applications
- Understand user needs, clinical needs & customer input requirements to drive front end software development
- Design and implement GUI features for a breakthrough diagnostic ultrasound imaging system
- Implement software GUI architectures, visual designs, and workflows
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews
- Author and maintain detailed design documentation
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years designing and developing user-facing applications
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, software architecture, and design patterns
- Experience in modern GUI frameworks (Qt/QML, Flutter, etc) which allow for GUI development for cross platform applications
- Experience with GUI development for c++ applications
- Familiarity with common developer tool sets, including source control, continuous integration, and automated unit testing
- Passionate about medical devices, with excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of OpenGL and 3D rendering
- Knowledge in medical imaging (Ultrasound, PET, SPECT, CT, MR, etc.)
- Knowledge of DICOM and HL7
- Experience developing software in the medical industry (FDA regulated)
- Experience interfacing with hardware components and systems
- Experience with PACS, electronic medical records (EMR) or patient management systems (PMS), as well as other clinical systems.
- Direct Hire
- Salary: $150K-$190K
- Location: Santa Clara, CA.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.