Senior Firmware Engineer
1201 SW 7th St Renton, WA 98057
Position Title: Senior Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Renton, Washington.
- Master’ s or Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Over 5 years of experience in embedded software development.
- Ability to develop embedded software using C and C++ knowledge are must haves
- Familiarity with ARM processor platform (Cortex M3/M4/M7/R5) or similar embedded processors.
- Experience with real time operating systems (FreeRTOS, etc.).
- Familiarity with embedded Linux development.
- Ability to work as a team member within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Well versed in all monitoring and diagnostic tools necessary for software development.
- Have a strong ability to create and apply methods to trap and analyze firmware and hardware defects.
- Understanding of communication network architectures and their implementation in software.
- Comfortable using basic hardware debugging tools such as Oscilloscopes or Logic Analyzers.
- Familiarity with wireless communications systems.
- Experience with protocol stacks (such as TCP/IP).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Familiarity with developing in a Windows environment.
- Experience with development for software safety.
- Familiarity with network security practices
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.