Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer
17425 NE Union Hill Road, Suite 150 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer in Redmond, WA.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related experience.
- 10+ years of firmware development experience including all phases of the product development lifecycle including: development of requirements, architecture selection, firmware development, verification and validation activities and post-release support.
- 5+ years experience developing firmware for low power embedded microcontrollers (Cortex M, Renesas RL78, Microchip PIC, etc).
- Strong C programming skills.
- Java experience is a plus
- Familiarity with wireless communication technologies (BLE, WiFi)
- Experience with RTOSs and multi-threaded embedded applications.
- Medical device experience preferred including ISO 13485, IEC 62304, ISO 60601-1
- Demonstrated ability to lead software development activities including architecture definition, code development, test compliance, revision control and release to production.
- Excellent lab troubleshooting skills; experience with DMMs, Oscilloscopes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with aggressive schedules.
- Strong track record for managing engineering details while clearly communicating status to non-technical staff.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.