Senior Electrical Engineer- Lunar Surface Systems
1016 N Lincoln Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15233 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire Electrical Engineer opportunity located in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Design and integrate lunar systems electronics (rovers, sensors suite, power delivery system)
- Determine and develop best technical approach to satisfy design requirements for lunar systems electronics
- Generate electrical drawings, system designs and engineering documentation for rover design to facilitate internal and external design reviews
- Own the electrical design, development and documentation of rover electronics sub-modules
- Provide input for processes, specifications and procedures to support the design of the avionics.
- Prepare power budgets and interface control documents for rover electronics.
- EMC testing and implementation of mitigations at module system level.
- 8+ years of experience designing, developing and testing hardware in robotics, aerospace and energy industry
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Electrical engineering, computer science or related discipline from accredited college or equivalent experience
- Proficient with circuit simulation and mixed analog/digital circuits
- Experience in schematic capture and PCB layout
- Proficient with test equipment (DMM, oscilloscope, power supplies, power meters etc.)
- Must be able to effectively communicate with peers, customers and management
- Highly interpersonal skillset and demonstrated behavior of thriving in a strong cross-functional environment
- Experience decomposing requirements
- Experience / Interest with AC circuits (3-phase) is a plus
- Experience / Interest with inverter design is a plus
- Experience / Interest with battery /solar powered systems is a plus
- Knowledge of C/C++ programming language
- Knowledge of Linux
- Experience in an Agile work environment
- Experience with MIL-STD-461 or similar
- Experience with Altium
- Knowledge of developing test procedures for electronics
- Direct Hire
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Salary Range: $110,000 - $150,000
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.