Senior DevOps Engineer
1201 SW 7th St Renton, WA 98057
Position Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Renton, Washington.
- Exercises independent judgment and initiative within company guidelines and procedures.
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems, formulating solutions and making recommendations.
- Responsible to monitor & manage any activities that impact OpenShift, VMware and other Linux-based platforms.
- Periodically reports to management on compliance.
- Manage internal Red Hat OpenShift environment
- Support management of large VMware environment
- Manage internal IT-centric Linux installations
- Advanced Linux OS administration experience (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
- Advanced Docker, CRI-O/OCI, and Kubernetes/OpenShift experience
- Automation tool experience (Preferred: Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
- VMware administration and tools experience (vCenter, vRealize Automation and Operations)
- Experience managing and troubleshooting enterprise-level infrastructure – servers, storage arrays, general networking
- Relevant scripting languages (Python, Ansible, UNIX Shell, etc.)
- Acquire, install, or upgrade computer components and software; provide routine automation; maintain security policies; troubleshoot and offer technical support for project related work
- Contribute to existing documentation such as knowledge base, manuals, etc.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer
- BS degree preferred in engineering or computer science (or equivalent)
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- OpenShift or Kubernetes Certification
- Cloud computing (Azure, AWS, etc.) experience
- Creating and implementing governance and disaster recovery plans
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.