Senior DevOps Engineer
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Position Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract to hire opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer with our client located in Palo Alto, CA.
- Solution and build enterprise-grade Cloud infrastructure for business needs, primarily with AWS products.
- Develop Cloud standards and best practices for high availability & reliability business needs.
- Use CloudFormation and Terraform to automate AWS tasks and deployments.
- Handle and resolve support tickets related to business requirements in AWS.
- Write Python based Lambda functions to automate tasks.
- Mentor, coach and assist development teams with AWS solutions, best practices and documentation.
- Provision AWS networking, VPCs and VPN connections using Service Catalog.
- Automate CI/CD processes using Git and CodePipeline.
- Management of Windows Server, Amazon Linux 2, Ubuntu, CentOS, and RHEL systems.
- Being organized, self-driven, capable and willing to resolve issues from L1-L3 as needed.
- Be part of an on-call rotation to support production systems.
- Collaborate with remote IT and business team members to build and maintain positive, productive team relationships.
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical solutions and processes.
- Solid experience in large-scale AWS environments handling solutioning, automation, governance and support.
- Extensive hands-on experience in provisioning, managing and monitoring AWS. networking, compute, governance and security solutions using automation.
- Ability to handle and resolve IT support tickets for a variety of AWS based solutions.
- Ability to organize and multi-task across various business team requirements and their solutions.
- Experience using CloudFormation and Terraform to automate AWS tasks and deployments.
- Writing Python boto3 Lambda functions to automate tasks.
- Experience with range of AWS products to build, scale and secure networking.
- Solid experience with a broad range of AWS products including EC2, RDS, Lambda, DynamoDB, ECS, EKS, RDS, S3, SNS, SQS.
- Automating CI/CD processes using Git and CodePipeline.
- Some management of Windows Server, Amazon Linux 2, Ubuntu, CentOS, and RHEL systems.
- Being driven, capable and willing to resolve issues from L1-L3 as needed.
- Collaborate with IT staff at multiple locations to build and maintain positive, productive team relationships.
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes.
- Bachelor’ s Degree is strongly desired.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.