Senior Data Engineer
139 Townsend St #300, San Francisco, CA 94107
Position Title: Senior Data Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in San Francisco, California.
- Develop data expertise, be a data steward evangelist, and own data pipelines.
- Architect, build, and deploy new data solutions that provide forward-thinking data opportunities.
- Design and develop extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move massive amounts of data into the Data Warehouse and other data platforms.
- Use expert coding skills in Python, shell and Java/Scala.
- Own solutions end-to-end.
- Develop and implement data auditing strategies and processes to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist in construction of enterprise data warehouse.
- Unmistakable passion for solving difficult data problems.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate data technologies and architectures.
- Advanced / expert SQL skills and solid python and shell scripting.
- 2+ years of Data Warehouse, ETL Design and Implementation.
- Some RDBMS knowledge OLTP and/or analytic columnar RDBMS including data modeling concepts (3NF vs Dimensional modeling).
- Experience working with an MPP system or Map Reduce.
- 2+ years of Java or other OO development experience, with source code control and build/release process.
- Machine learning and recommendation systems
- Experience with Vertica, Tableau, MySQL, Hive, Spark
- Bio, medical or social field experiences
- Passion for something that Smule is about: music, games, social experiences, outstanding software
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.