Senior Core Mechanical Structural Analyst
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Title: Senior Core Mechanical Structural Analyst
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting contract opportunity for a Senior Core Mechanical Structural Analyst with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Coordinate inputs and requirements from Engineering and Project teams.
- Perform scoping analysis and calculations for design options.
- Interface with the team’s engineering analysis activities.
- Present structural analysis results to design reviews.
- Support continuous learning and applying nuclear industry best practices to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical engineering or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of ten years of structural analysis experience; relevant M.S. and Doctorate degrees may be credited for up to two and four years of experience.
- Familiarity with CAD, SolidWorks preferred.
- Experience in finite element stress analysis with emphasis on ABAQUS or ANSYS.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience in scripting languages such as python or APDL.
- Working experience with design codes such as the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (BP&V) Section III Div. I.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills, creative thinker.
- Ability to work with minimum direction to solve challenging problems.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently during a given work week.
- Experience or familiarity with the rules of ASME Boiler Pressure Vessel Code Section III Division 5.
- Experience in ABAQUS in combination with python or ANSYS APDL.
- Working experience with BPVC.III.5
- Previous experience in the nuclear industry.
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience in seismic analysis; in particular, experience with response spectrum and time history modeling techniques per the requirements of ASCE 4, ASCE 7, or ASCE 43 is highly desirable.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.