Senior Compliance Manager
San Jose, CA 95134 US
Position Title: Senior Compliance Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for a Senior Compliance Manager with our client located in San Jose, CA
Job Description: This person is responsible for the management of the company’s internal audit and SOX programs. The candidate should be comfortable interacting with all levels of management, board of directors, outside auditors and external consultants and should be able to work independently and as a team member. This position reports to the Corporate Controller.
Internal Audit & Compliance Program:
- Develop, conduct and report on operational and compliance audits to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of systems, processes, and controls.
- Perform internal audits of operational business processes including sales commissions, distributor audits, and other projects as identified by management.
- Communicate the results of audit projects via written reports and oral presentations to management.
- Contribute to special projects and perform independent and objective project analysis to support management with the decision-making process.
- Research and communicate best practices, identify areas for improvement and provide effective recommendations and sound audit conclusions.
- Assist external auditors in conducting interim and year-end audit procedures.
- Plan, execute and manage the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) program, including development of the annual risk assessment and audit plan, updating SOX related documentation, facilitate testing of the design and operating effectiveness of the company’s internal controls, and communicating the results of the SOX audit to management and audit committee.
- Communicate with external auditors and external consultants to coordinate audit requests, perform walkthroughs/testing, facilitate meetings, and evaluate deficiencies.
- Facilitate and maintain active communication channels with management, business process owners, IT and external auditors to ensure all parties are aligned with the audit scope, objective and requirements.
- Partner with business process owners to improve process efficiencies and act as subject matter expert in the design, modification, or streamlining of process and controls in key areas.
- Provide ongoing training to internal business functions with respect to internal controls and SOX compliance.
- As necessary, evaluate and assess impact of control deficiencies and identify and execute remediation plans to address control deficiencies with process owners.
- Seven to ten years of experience in a corporate accounting organization, preferably in a fast pace environment.
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience with SOX reporting.
- CPA with 3+ years of public accounting experience in a Big 4 environment.
- Understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, PCAOB standards and COSO.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills to lead and motivate teams.
- An individual who looks for opportunities to drive continuous improvement throughout the organization.
• Direct Hire
• Salary Range: $130K-$170K
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.