Senior Application Software Development Engineer - GUI
8221 44th Ave. W, Suite G Mukilteo, WA 98275
Position Title: Senior Application Software Development Engineer - GUI
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract to hire opportunity with our client in Mukilteo, Washington.
- In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible small company in diverse roles within the Application Software Development Team.
- Work on developing applications software for our RF products that meet the needs of our customers.
- Work closely with our firmware, FPGA, and HW teams to deliver the integrated product solution.
- Architect reusable, scalable and extensible software
- Provide leadership in software architecture, quality, design for test, infrastructure, and development
- Work closely with customers to ensure full satisfaction with the software product we deliver
- Provide leadership for junior team members
Required Job Qualifications:
- BS or MS in electrical engineering, computer science, or computer engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience required (15+ years preferred)
- System-level SW development with a deep understanding of and proven experience in the following areas:
- Software architecture and development of Application SW
- GUI design and development
- Identification, debug, root cause, and fix of issues
- Protocols/transport layers
- Design for test and debug
- Expert in C/C++ and Python
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows OS
- Able to install/upgrade and debug issues encountered in the process
- Understanding of the different flavors of Linux (e.g. Redhat vs. Centos)
- Deep knowledge of SW development infrastructures
- Makefile creation and maintenance – cmake, make, etc.
- Build servers and underlying infrastructure
- Test and maintenance command infrastructures protocols/transport
- Developing and testing on targeted/proprietary hardware
- Ability to work/lead within Agile Management. Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence is required.
- Deliver high-quality software/products to customers that meet or beat the schedule
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Knowledge of security protocols is highly desirable
- Protocol/transport experience with protobuf, zmq, MORA
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.