Senior AI Research Scientist
400 Continental Blvd STE 100 El Segundo, CA 90245
Position Title: Senior AI Research Scientist
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in El Segundo, California.
- Conduct literature reviews to identify possible solutions to a selected problem, including identifying strengths and weaknesses of various approaches.
- Participate in creative brainstorming on how various methods may be applied to problems of interest. (such as geolocation of RF emitters or enabling persistent surveillance of UAVs)
- Design, implement, and test prototype algorithms.
- Support algorithm integration into applications and software services.
- Evaluate performance of algorithms on selected problems related to coordination and control of multi agent UAV teams.
- Communicate work in both written and verbal forms, both for internal and external consumption.
- Help in the writing of proposals and management of projects.
- MS or PhD (preferred) in Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Computer Science or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience with developing AI autonomy algorithms or multi-agent algorithms. Experience with applications involving cooperative autonomous systems is preferred.
- Programming experience in Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Experience in developing and operationalizing systems that include advanced algorithmic components, such as Monte Carlo Tree Search, Particle Filters, Distributed Constraint Optimization and PetriNets.
- US Citizen and ability to obtain a security clearance required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.