6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd. Pleasanton, CA 94588
Position Title: Scrum Master
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Pleasanton, California.
- Perform Scrum Master duties for one or more workstreams
- Work with Business/Product Owners and Engineers to understand backlog content
- Load individual iterations with respective Tasks and User Stories, aligned with Product Owner, Product Manager and Development team' s commitment
- Maintain Iteration backlogs ensuring all work items are properly assigned to team, reflect the correct status, and ensure accurate traceability to business user stories and any non-functional requirements
- Track Velocity, Capacity/Duration, Burn Down Charts, and other metrics at the daily, iteration, release and project level
- Perform traditional project management / project coordination duties as needed for traditional projects
- Guide team toward continuous improvement (i.e., how work was conducted previously and adjustments to ensure ongoing success)
- Facilitate all Scrum ceremonies
- Foster best practices to develop the teams’ maturity to self-manage
- Drive the culture toward combined agile values, agile manifesto, and client company’ s values
- Always proceed with a “ Nudge, not yank” approach valuing incremental progress over disruptive, change management leaps
- Partner with leadership to improve workflow and resolve pain points
- 3+ years of Scrum Master experience - Scrum Master Certification is preferred
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and framework (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Ability to lead and influence team in adopting the Agile principles
- Ability to ensure the correct use of Scrum process
- Ability to manage complex project(s) simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to foster strong collaboration among team members and help team solve problems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills analytical and presentation skills; ability to synthesize complex data into actionable presentations / reports and communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients
- Ability to gain credibility with executives and business partners; demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate, and drive to results
- Ability to manage or coordinate projects in traditional/waterfall manner, including requirements gathering, project planning, scheduling, budgeting, etc.
- JIRA experience is a plus
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.