Scrum Master - II
1201 SW 7th St Renton, WA 98057
Position Title: Scrum Master - II
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Renton, Washington.
- Act as a servant leader including facilitation, situational awareness, and conflict resolution.
- Organize and facilitate sprint and release planning, daily stand-up, reviews and demos, retrospectives, and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint or Program Increment goals.
- Act as a liaison between the team and external members.
- Mediate conflicts to assist the team in making decisions.
- Ensure the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially shippable.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility.
- Promote transparency and team empowerment across teams.
- Assist with internal and external communication and dependency management, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Operate effectively within the Scaled Agile Framework.
- Improve the productivity of the teams in any way possible.
- Support the development managers and project leads as necessary.
- Creation and support of standards, processes and procedures which are instituted as best practices.
- Act as liaison between all functional groups.
- Develop lessons learned documentation.
- Tracks and monitors change board and change requests.
- Communicates, explains difficult concepts and persuades others to adopt a point of view.
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice.
- Organize and conduct agile trainings and brownbag.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Show team spirit and fellowship.
- Shows an attitude of learning and growing.
- Expert in using different Agile frameworks such as Scrum, KanBan, Lean and XP.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent.
- Scrum Master with at least one complete Scrum product cycle (two or more preferred).
- At least 3-4 years of experience in Agile project management, with proven history of successful project management within the telecommunications industry preferred.
- Ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to work well with engineers and technical people.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage and exhibit grace under pressure.
- Expert understanding of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Ability to work well using a project management tool such as Agile Central, Jira etc.
- Expert understanding of infrastructure and software development project lifecycles.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments and delegates.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on an existing set of complex projects.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner
- Basic understanding of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.