Safety I&C System Design Manager
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire Safety I&C System Design Manager opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere and inclusive company culture
- Management of the I&C Safety Systems team, including budgeting, staffing, planning, and monitoring design development progress
- Review I&C safety system design work documents covering logic diagrams, system architectures, design base documents, equipment specifications, and other system design documents for nuclear demo plant.
- Review and approve I&C safety system licensing support documents including I&C topical reports
- Maintain and drive the safety related I&C system design schedule aligned with overall plant design and licensing plan, establishing the logic ties with interfacing system activities and licensing tasks.
- Perform one-on-one meetings with safety I&C team members on weekly basis.
- Identify critical high-risk areas and initiate proactive measures to prevent potential project delay.
- Review and approve engineering deliverables from other engineering organizations, partners, and vendors.
- Perform semi-annual and annual performance review for each team member.
- Organize weekly team meetings for task progress status, project update, interface work tracing, future actions.
- Provide weekly summary reports to senior management about critical task progress, potential delays, challenges, resource needs etc.
- Develop test requirements, plans and procedures for testing activities for unique components in a high temperature environment.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Interface and management of subcontractors, vendors and partners providing direction and assimilating their work.
- A minimum of fifteen (10) years of relevant engineering experience in industrial I&C system design is required.
- A minimum of (5) years of proven leadership experience required.
- Proven experience interfacing with Nuclear Regulatory Commission or other regulatory body preferred.
- A minimum of (5) years commercial nuclear power experience or other safety related industry preferred.
- An engineering degree or equivalent experience a plus but not required.
- Engineering program management experience is desirable.
- Familiarity with I&C related industrial codes, standards and regulations, especially NRC DRG 2021, NEI 18-04, IEEE 603, IEEE 7-4.3.2, IEEE 1012 (2016) strongly recommended.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, creative thinker, and organized
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently during a given work week
- Ability to handle projects that include multiple objectives and ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently to solve challenging problems and provide recommendations in a timely manner
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trustworthiness and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork
- Direct Hire
- Salary Range: $179,892 - $258,595
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.