SW Development Engineer - Test
111 W John St. Suite 308 Seattle, WA 98119
Position Title: SW Development Engineer - Test
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Seattle, Washington.
- Participate in design discussions for implementing new features and support new test equipment in Automation Framework.
- Research test automation requirements and APIs for 5G test equipment, RF faders etc. Translate requirements into design decisions and code implementation.
- Manage test and integration of new test automation components. Sanity and Integration testing of automation framework releases with internal modems and reference UEs.
- Triage and debug issues reported by internal customers.
- Deploy automation components at new sites and test benches.
- Design and implement test automation features from scratch.
- Support lab, field and certification activities including test automation, error tracking, bug tracking.
- Be responsible for all aspects of test engineering and validation of their features, with opportunities to stretch more broadly. This will include working closely with the team’ s software and hardware engineers and program managers to create solid core designs and enable testability of the products.
- Work on new devices at various stages of hardware development including prototype hardware.
- Design test plans and test cases for client software (Windows) and graphics pipelines and front-end rendering experiences (OpenGL, Unity, DX).
- You research, share, recommend, and drive adoption of new technologies, standard methodologies, and trends.
- Identify product risk areas and mitigate them through targeted testing.
- Develop new test architectures, methodologies, tools and comprehensive test plans. This includes documenting test architecture, test plans and test cases.
- Conduct technical reviews throughout the development process. This would include reviews of the test architectures, test plans, test cases, and results.
- Create appropriate test automation / tooling for all aspects of assigned features including core scenarios, performance, reliability, security, and stress.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experienced in medical device software and hardware.
- Experienced in testing methodologies for robotic / computer vision systems.
- Expert level C, C++, Python, or C#.
- Experience in debug and optimization of the OpenGL and CUDA frameworks.
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on complex and unfamiliar code.
- Deep background and understanding in Windows / Windows IoT and PC architecture, including driver architecture.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.