SUPPLIER/VENDOR QA ENGINEER 1
1050 Kifer Road Sunnyvale, CA 94086 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for SUPPLIER/VENDOR QA ENGINEER 1 with our client that is located in Sunnyvale, CA.
Job Description: Responsible for ensuring suppliers meet the requirements for cost, quality, delivery and service. Drive suppliers to continuously improve business and manufacturing processes. Evaluate and select suppliers. Guide Engineering in choosing suppliers for new products and provide DFM input to new designs. Monitor supplier performance.
• Select and evaluate suppliers by leading efforts to find new suppliers in an existing or new commodity.
• Work with suppliers and ISI engineering for the new product introduction to
o Complete part production qualification process (PPQP), which includes but not limited to delivering on the following deliverables: spFMEA, Special Process Validations, Process capability, capacity analysis,and FAIR .
o Develop supplier ramp readiness based on forecast, supplier capacity, quality performance, and process capability.
o Perform DFM by engaging suppliers early in development cycle to feedback manufacturability improvements in the designs prior to production
• Lead and resolve the supply continuity/ quality issues at suppliers through in-depth root cause and corrective actions utilizing SCARs, SCRs (Supplier Change requests) and VR processes.
• Monitor supplier performance and initiate improvement activities.
• Drive suppliers to continually improve their business and manufacturing process performance to meet the requirements for supplier excellence including ship to stock programs using a collection of best practices in project management, Six Sigma, Lean, SPC and negotiation by leading these efforts with managerial guidance at several suppliers simultaneously.
• Driving change to ISI specifications as necessary by understanding and changing specifications and drawings including driving the ECO process to implementation.
• Prepare and deliver supplier communications as required by independently working with suppliers on scorecard creation of QBRs, Supplier Summits, etc.
• Identify and investigate opportunities for cost reduction and/or quality improvement by judging opportunities and creating strategies to seize those opportunities, completes research and provides data-driven plans to management.
• BS degree in Engineering or equivalent, Master's degree preferred
• 3-5 years of experience is preferred
• Related experience in Supplier Quality and/or Supplier Development or related field preferred
• Demonstrable knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing processes including understanding of key input variables for quality, cost and capacity (specialization can be in metal fabrication, plastics, or contract manufacturing)
• Practical knowledge of pFMEAs, Cpk, and process validations
• Ability to read and interpret detailed mechanical drawings and communicate technical information
• Excellent problem solving and project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentations to executive level management
• Practical knowledge of part production qualification process is a plus
• Significant computer experience using Windows, Word, Excel, Access and ERP Information Systems, preferably SAP
• CAD experience with 3D modeling tools is a plus
• Proven ability to motivate cross functional teams to complete a common goal
• Experience in a medical device company is a plus
• Ability to travel to suppliers on an as needed basis – domestic and international.
• Contract: 12 months
• Pay Rate: $60 - $65 / hr
• Location: Sunnyvale, CA (5 days onsite)
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.