1 Microsoft Way Building 88 Redmond, WA 98052 | Contract
Position Title: SDET2
Position Description: Our Redmond client is looking to hire an SDET2 for a long-term contract. The ideal candidate will have strong test talents in FW/SW testing to capture their increasingly customer-focused validations.
- Execute on test and validation plans to ensure Surface products and software are up to performance standards and meet release criteria.
- Perform manual and automated test cases and report test results clearly and precisely.
- Maintain clear and efficient test validation cases and validation steps.
- The candidate will install OS’ s, Drivers, Firmware, and manipulate system configurations and settings.
- The candidate will aid in resolving system bugs including identifying, debugging and documenting them within Microsoft’ s bug tracking system.
A successful candidate is a strong tester with:
- Experience in Windows OS testing including UI, manual, and using automation tools and decipher logging.
- Experience with End to End Windows OS, Driver installation, and Firmware test case validation.
- Drive to support improving test case development.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills to narrow down issues concisely.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms, and to develop and follow test documentation such as plans, procedures and reports.
- Experience coding in PowerShell or C# for automation tools or Web sites.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.