SDET - System Test
1201 SW 7th St Renton, WA 98057
Position Title: SDET - Systems Test
Position Description: Our client south of Seattle is looking to add a seasoned SDET to their team for an exciting FTE position. 3+ years of recent testing exp. in a Linux environment and must have experience with 3 or more automation project is required.
- Build numerous automated tests scripts for existing test harnesses using Cucumber and Ruby.
- Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents.
- Participate in test automation of back offices in a virtual environment.
- Assist defining strategies for load and performance testing.
- Test the product and documentation as needed to support the target release schedule.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover, document and regress defects, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Communicate test estimates, test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- A B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3+years recent testing experience in a Linux environment must have experience on at least 3 automation projects.
- Ability to build numerous automated test scripts for existing test harness using Cucumber, Ruby, and Python
- Must have created automation for Linux based applications and be confident in describing an automation strategy.
- Agile SCRUM experience; must be capable of running daily triage and interfacing with Product Managers & Development Leads.
- Tester with previous ownership of a major software component or many medium components.
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies.
- Understanding technical specifications and log file analysis.
- Strong verbal, documentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience interfacing with customers on previous projects.
- Able to successfully communicate technical concepts and information to internal staff and peers – you have an opinion and are capable of getting across your ideas in a respectful and meaningful way.
- Working knowledge of tools such as Rally.
- Previous experience with setting up or performing testing on virtual test platforms.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.