SDET - System Test
1201 SW 7th St Renton, WA 98057
Position Title: SDET - System Test
Position Description: Our client in Renton, WA has an immediate opening for a SDET for Systems Test with experience testing in a Linux environment and experience with automation test scripts using Cucumber, Ruby or Python.
- Build numerous automated tests scripts for existing test harnesses using Cucumber and Ruby.
- Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents.
- Participate in test automation of back offices in a virtual environment.
- Assist defining strategies for load and performance testing.
- Test the product and documentation as needed to support the target release schedule.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover, document and regress defects, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Communicate test estimates, test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems.
Required Job Qualifications:
- A B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3+years recent testing experience in a Linux environment must have experience on at least 3 automation projects.
- Ability to build numerous automated test scripts for existing test harness using Cucumber, Ruby, Python
- Must have created automation for Linux based applications and be confident in describing an automation strategy.
- Agile SCRUM experience; must be capable of running daily triage and interfacing with Product Managers & Development Leads.
- Tester with previous ownership of a major software component or many medium components.
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies.
- Understanding technical specifications and log file analysis.
- Strong verbal, documentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience interfacing with customers on previous projects.
- Able to successfully communicate technical concepts and information to internal staff and peers – you have an opinion and are capable of getting across your ideas in a respectful and meaningful way.
- Working knowledge of tools such as Rally.
- Previous experience with setting up or performing testing on virtual test platforms.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.