SDET - Messaging
1201 SW 7th St Renton, WA 98057
Position Title: SDET - Messaging
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Renton, Washington.
- Develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes in wireless communications systems.
- Build numerous automated tests scripts for existing test harnesses using Cucumber and Ruby.
- Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents.
- Participate in test automation of back offices in a virtual environment.
- Work on defining strategies for functional testing as part of Sprints.
- Test the product and documentation as needed to support the target release schedule.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover, document and regress defects, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Communicate test estimates, test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- At least a Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent. * (*Will accept a bachelor’ s degree equivalency prepared by a qualified credential evaluator)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in software testing which must include:
- 4 years in testing in a Linux environment
- 4 years in testing methodologies (functional testing, system testing, integration testing, performance testing).
- 4 years in creating automation for Linux based applications and describing an automation strategy.
- 2 years in building numerous automated test scripts for existing test harness using an Object-Oriented Programming language.
- 1 year in Agile SCRUM experience, including running daily triage and interfacing with Product Managers & Development Leads.
- 2 years in testing with ownership of a major software component or multiple medium components.
- 2 years in debugging, monitoring bug resolution efforts, and tracking successes.
- 2 years in working with technical specifications and log file analysis.
- 2 years in documentation, verbal and interpersonal communication.
- 2 years in effective communication of technical concepts and information to internal staff and peers.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Familiarity with source control systems such as Git/SVN
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Familiarity with testing of containerized applications
- Familiarity with SNMP, DHCP, UDP, TCP
- Familiarity with RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- Familiarity with network security concepts
- Familiarity with Ruby and Cucumber
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.