Building 88 88/2143 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Build and Automation Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
The Build & Automation Engineer delivers high-quality builds for testing software updates. Automation of build processes and build verification tests (BVT) enables greater build throughput at high quality. This role requires engaging with software engineers in both the software development and build infrastructure teams with the aim of improving the team’ s build services.
• Manage integration of drivers and firmware within source code control system (DevOps)
• Configuration management of drivers and firmware within existing build infrastructure • Investigate, debug and resolve defects when the build breaks
• Build verification testing (BVT) – Implement additional services which enable BVT to reliably catch and report problems sooner (before builds are released to test team)
• Improve build automation – Add services which eliminate manual procedures and reduce errors Qualifications:
• At least 3 years of C# and PowerShell scripting experience
• At least 2 years of experience working with build infrastructure (e.g., GNU make or similar tools)
• Quality focus and attention to details
• Good communication skills
• Good software design skills
• Good analytical skills Preferred Qualifications
• WiX/MSI experience is a plus
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.