Reactor Systems Lead Principal Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire Reactor Systems Lead Principal Engineer opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Responsible for coordinating a geographically diverse design team to develop design of reactor equipment and supporting engineering documentation.
- Provide expert level knowledge and technical leadership in the design of integrated sub-systems and components from requirements definition through final design.
- Act as a technical expert for the broad range of reactor systems topics and components, develop and advise solutions to critical team challenges, and champion innovation in the reactor systems team.
- Perform technical review and approval of engineering products as an extension of the project design authority, including specialist topics, cross-functional products, critical activities requiring focused resolution, and driving integration across the overall reactor systems and their interfacing SSCs.
- Evaluate and facilitate the development of a complete product lifecycle, such as but not limited to necessary construction and fabrication details, startup and testing plans, maintainability/inspectability attributes, and decommissioning plans.
- Design to and comply with project codes of record, including ASME BPVC Sect III.
- Manage and verify correct and complete application of regulatory criteria, codes and standards, industry guidance, and design programs to complex mechanical design challenges.
- Provide technical direction and oversight of supplier activities, working with or as the contract administrator to ensure delivery of deliverables, as well as performance of technical reviews of deliverables.
- Propose and facilitate testing programs for equipment qualification, as needed.
- Lead team in strategies for the creation, review and approve design package, including design verification of key calculations, design reports, mechanical drawings, and engineering specifications.
- Advise design team in planning efforts, generate integrated project strategies for critical topics/sequences/activities to drive successful and robust products, and provide technical accountability for scope correctness and completeness.
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports and regulatory submittals.
- Lead integrated team design reviews at project milestones to verify compliance and completeness of design, and conduct interim assessment reviews at intervening periods to correct deviations to project strategy or technical excellence.
- B.S. in Mechanical or related discipline from an accredited university and 12+ years direct experience with proven mechanical systems skills.
- Demonstrated diverse and robust experience in leading mechanical design of complex structures and equipment in high temperature and multi-discipline integration. Previous experience with nuclear mechanical components, nuclear reactor equipment, or similar design is highly desired.
- Expert level knowledge of the ASME Sect III Code, including Div 5 high temperature design, is highly desired.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of nuclear licensing process, including 10CFR50 and risk-informed performance-based methods, is highly desired
- Highly proficient knowledge and experience with nuclear quality fabrication, construction, and lifecycle management processes (including In-Service Inspection, material surveillance, vibration programs, equipment qualification programs, etc), and similar skills.
- Experience in mentorship and technical leadership of high-performance engineering teams.
- Excellent knowledge and practical application of ASME NQA-1 and 10CFR50 Appendix B Quality Programs, design control program, and ANSI/NIRMA CM1.0 configuration management principles.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a design team’s effort with minimal direction.
- Ability to manage design activities that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Ability to manage and support numerous simultaneous tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, able to communicate openly, and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.