Reactor Enclosure System Delivery Manager
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire Reactor Enclosure System Delivery Manager opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Responsible for coordination and oversight of a geographically diverse team to manage delivery of reactor equipment hardware and support engineering selections and bases. The team members include company employees, subcontracted resources, partner engineers and teams, and customers.
- Lead the development and delivery of integrated reactor equipment and its components, from design phase through field construction and startup, to the highest levels of safety and reliability. Demonstrate visible, continuous leadership in the areas of safety and quality.
- Lead the development of a complete product fabrication lifecycle, such as but not limited to design for fabrication efforts, construction and fabrication drawings and specifications, and implementation of pre-service and in-service testing, inspection, surveillance, and NDE plans to the reactor.
- Oversee development of detailed transport solutions for large equipment and oversee transport planning, permitting, and execution.
- Ensure development and approve material specification, weld specification, and associated products.
- Oversee reactor materials acquisition strategies and their execution, including long lead procurement management.
- Manage and refine detailed schedules for the fabrication and assembly of reactor equipment, including integration of schedules across varying suppliers and project organizations.
- Lead overall GD&T, metrology, and coordinate systems for assembly of major reactor components during design and fabrication phases.
- Identify, secure, and manage contracts for specialty services and personnel.
- Manage on-site field engineers at supplier and fabrication facilities.
- Provide oversight and leadership for supplier records development, data management and reviews, including required Code data reports and forms. Lead resolution of non-conformance reports and associated engineering changes.
- Oversee application of reactor fabrication-related regulatory criteria, codes and standards, industry guidance, and engineering programs, including compliance with project codes of record such as ASME BPVC Sect III and Sect XI.
- Ensure that work process execution and technical adequacy within the group scope are in accordance with contract requirements, project standards, and industry standards.
- Interface with regulators, stakeholders, and customers on design, fabrication, and regulatory issues.
- Coordinate with interfacing project teams and other project support organizations to develop cohesive design and fabrication strategies across organizational lines and ensure accurate and complete hand-offs are executed.
- Oversee execution of design work conducted by project subrecipients and subcontractors, including review and approval of deliverables to meet project quality and completeness standards.
- Provide technical direction and oversight of external engineering and/or fabrication supplier activities, working with or as the technical representative to ensure delivery of submittals to project requirements.
- Support schedule development efforts during project phase cycles, budget cycles, and long-range planning development.
- Monitor the team’s performance against the schedule baseline and manage corrective actions to areas of underperformance. Take proactive action to correct negative trends and resolve conflicts in quality, priority, and forecast completion dates.
- Recommend engineering staffing plan for the team using input from project management insights and team skillset analysis. Identify staff changes to meet long range forecasts including replacements due to attrition, new or changing requirements, de-staffing, etc.
- Support the recruitment, onboarding, and indoctrination of new engineers.
- Support employee development through mentoring, training, and challenging assignments within the specific program engineering efforts as assigned.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and use of Engineering instructions and guidelines.
- B.S. in Mechanical or related discipline from an accredited university and 10+ years direct experience with proven mechanical systems skills, or an M.S. with commensurate experience.
- 5+ years in a combined technical leadership role with leading performance of technical scope and/or additional manager responsibilities.
- Experience working to quality standard, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001. Experience working under ASME N-Certificate quality program desired.
- Demonstrated experience in oversight of supplier and subcontractor organizations in a heavy industry environment. Experience working with suppliers and subcontractors subject to a 10 CFR 50 Appendix B quality program desired.
- Demonstrated diverse and robust experience in design and fabrication of complex, multi-disciplinary structures and equipment. Previous experience in design, fabrication, and installation of major nuclear mechanical components, nuclear reactor equipment, or similar design is highly desired
- Proficient knowledge and experience with nuclear construction, and lifecycle management processes (including In-Service Inspection, material surveillance, vibration programs, equipment qualification programs, etc) highly desired.
- Knowledge and experience in ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section VIII and/or Section III.
- Knowledge and experience with specialty areas such as welding and weld qualification, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (ASME Y14.5M), or others desired but not required.
- Exceptional communication skills to integrate with a geographically and organizationally diverse engineering team are required.
- Ability to manage numerous competing priorities concurrently during a given work week and work with minimal direction to solve multi-disciplinary problems.
- On-site arrangement is preferred, but remote work will be considered based on candidate assessment.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly, and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Direct Hire
- Salary Range: Level 12: $157,406 - $218,119
*Typically, our employee salaries are within .90 – 1.0 of the mid-point of the posted salary band. Any salary offered within the posted salary band is based on market data and commensurate with the selected individual’s qualifications and experience. This range is specific to Washington State.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.