Reactor Core and Component System Design Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting REMOTE contract Reactor Core and Component System Design Engineer opportunity.
- Responsible for working as part of a geographically diverse design team to develop supporting design documentation. The team members include company employees, subcontracted resources, partner employees, and customers.
- Support the RCC System Lead to accomplish the design of integrated systems, equipment, and components, from requirements definition through final design, to the highest levels of safety and reliability.
- Apply Engineering principles, methods, and tools to the design of nuclear and industrial facility and its systems.
- Support coordination of analyses, such as neutronics, thermal, fuel performance, core mechanical, and other analyses performed by others required for the design.
- Identify and ensure effective application of correct design codes such as ASME, ANS, etc.
- Analyze and apply regulatory criteria and standards to complex mechanical system design and provide technical direction and guidance to others in applicable nuclear and non-nuclear related design standards.
- Lead planning efforts and maintain schedule adherence for design activities.
- Interface with the design team to create and manage packages of system design information, including but not limited to the system design basis documents, 3D models, system interface drawings, component layout drawings, etc.
- Evaluate and establish design basis of safety classifications, system requirements, and assessment of failure modes and their effects on system functionality.
- Assess technology readiness and establish technology maturation plans for critical technology elements of the RCC system.
- Generate design change package for the RCC system and associated equipment including coordination of calculations, design reports, mechanical drawings, and engineering specifications.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify improvement opportunities
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports.
- Participate in project design reviews at project milestones and periodic assessment points to verify compliance and completeness of design.
- B.S. in Mechanical or related discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years direct experience with proven mechanical systems skills.
- Demonstrated experience in developing design of complex structures, multi-discipline integration, and mechanical pressure vessel equipment.
- Strong understanding of configuration management principles, as well as knowledge of design control tools application on nuclear or similar complex industrial applications.
- Previous experience with nuclear reactors and systems, high temperature pressure vessels, or similar system design is highly desired.
- Functional knowledge of the ASME Sect III Code, especially for Div. 5, is highly desired.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and work within a design team with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Ability to work on simultaneous tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Experience working to quality standards on design activities, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, able to communicate openly, and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Pay Rate Range: $60-80/h
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.