Reactor Core Mechanical Engineer
330 120th Ave NE Bellevue, WA 98005 | Direct Hire
Position Title: Reactor Core Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Reactor Core Mechanical Engineer at our client in Bellevue, WA.
- 7+ years’ Mechanical Engineering experience in the nuclear industry
- Working experience with design codes and standards such as ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code; in particular experience with high temperature application in Division 5 of Section III
- Proficient in finite element stress analysis, mechanical analysis methods and commercial mechanical stress analysis modeling tools preferably with ABAQUS Standard and Explicit
- Proficient in computer code development and knowledgeable in modern programming tools on personal computers and code development such as Python, Fortran
- Experience in mechanical analysis of reactor core assemblies; in particular experience with irradiation induced creep and swelling is highly desirable
- Knowledgeable of verification and validation of codes to applicable requirements such as NQA-1
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.