RSSI Engineering Coordinator
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract RSSI Engineering Coordinator opportunity.
- Manage modifications to the high level engineering schedule through interfaces to project controls organization on behalf of engineering. Initiate and facilitate change process approvals for new and emerging engineering activities consistent with project scheduling standards.
- Align and manage breakdown of the high level engineering tasks into discretized activity schedules (subtask breakdown) for a multitude of design teams.
- Verify and track team assignments within schedule, manage engineering resource levelization over time and generate resource forecasting on a bi-monthly basis. Communicate and coordinate buy-in from relevant stakeholders and track requests to resource managers.
- Develop, refine, and manage the standard design activity sequences in preparation for schedule development of future design phases and procurement activities. Generating detailed versions for specific activity sequences such as procurements or integrated analyses.
- Manage detailed schedule logic tie interfaces for activities within the Reactor Systems & Systems Integration design team, as well as the external logic links to other design team areas. Create and track milestones alignment to task activities.
- Gather status reporting from design teams and manage updates to project reporting venues. Provide periodic status updates to key engineering leaders and identify pinch points in resource allocations and/or sequence timing.
- Support and coordinate project fiscal year schedule, resource, and budget planning efforts.
- B.S. or higher in a relevant Engineering discipline from an accredited university and 4+ years direct experience with project management.
- PMP certification strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience in conduct or project management of engineering activities in the nuclear field, including systems engineering and/or nuclear design process.
- Strong understanding of technical schedule management, including project reporting, schedule development, logic sequences and fragnets, and resource forecasting.
- Experience with Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, or equivalent project management tool
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Confluence and JIRA a plus.
- Knowledge of NRC 10CFR50 licensing process desired but not required.
- Excellent communication and complexity management/organization skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a cross-functional effort with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between priorities.
- Pay Rate Range: $55-$70/h
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.