RF/Wireless Test Engineer
15101 NE 40th St Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: RF/Wireless Test Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Oversee and execute automated conducted testing of power, EVM, spectral mask, sensitivity, blocking, and other physical layer tests for 802.11abgn/ac radios over temperature and voltage
- Utilize Litepoint equipment, IQfact software, and existing automated systems to complete our test plans and determine if our wireless modules meet our specs
- Modify IQfact scripts and test flows as needed to complete our test plans
- Solder pigtails and prepare DUTs, including launching pigtails off SMT pads
- Measure DUT pcb trace losses as well as input and output return losses with a VNA
- Calibrate test systems with a VNA
- Debug problems or failures found, first by ensuring our test methods and test systems are accurate, then by determining what aspect of the design should be investigated or fixed by the design team
- Modify or upgrade test systems as needed, including working with equipment or software vendors
- Write bug reports and provide information for design issues found
- Work with design team and iterate on possible solutions, explain and help them reproduce the failures
- Achieve full test coverage on multiple DUTs within our test window
- Plot data and summarize results, present results to the team
- Passive antenna testing work
- Disassemble, carefully solder on pigtails, and reassemble DUTs
- Use Satimo chamber to measure passive antenna efficiency, pattern, and other antenna parameters
- Generate antenna report (mostly automated)
- Hands-on experience with RF equipment, cables, connectors, and PCBs
- Soldering and pig tailing
- Vector signal analyzers, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, power meters, etc.
- Familiarity with Litepoint IQxel hardware and IQfact software
- Understanding of automated RF test systems, running scripts, parsing, and plotting results
- Able to understand and use existing batch scripts, python, labview, and other existing tools
- Methodical and thorough approach to design verification of a product against a spec
- Work independently with a goal of always being ready to be able to do any type of test that may come
- Flexible to handle last-minute requests, multi-task multiple requests, and occasionally shift hours to meet deadlines
- BSEE or related, experience desired
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.